Capel Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie racer

5 posters

Go down

Newbie racer Empty Newbie racer

Post  Jimbo Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi
Just followed the link from Sidcups site. Looking for somewhere to race my Tamiya mini. Just started racing with minis. Went to maritime last for the second time night and only a handful turned up. Ian said that if the numbers did not pick up on the next Tuesday meet, Tuesday night racing would finish Sad a shame as I only live 10 mins away.

Anyway.. looking for somehere to race. i have read that you race Friday nights. Is this every Friday? My 14yr old daughter who is a complete novice wants to race and I bought an M05 today for her so hoping to build it VERY quickly. My 23 yr old son wants to race too, so three might come down.

Is there a list of your rules so I can read up on them. Hope to see you this friday.

Jimbo

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Newbie racer Empty Re: Newbie racer

Post  SENNA Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Jimbo wrote:Hi
Just followed the link from Sidcups site. Looking for somewhere to race my Tamiya mini. Just started racing with minis. Went to maritime last for the second time night and only a handful turned up. Ian said that if the numbers did not pick up on the next Tuesday meet, Tuesday night racing would finish Sad a shame as I only live 10 mins away.

Anyway.. looking for somehere to race. i have read that you race Friday nights. Is this every Friday? My 14yr old daughter who is a complete novice wants to race and I bought an M05 today for her so hoping to build it VERY quickly. My 23 yr old son wants to race too, so three might come down.

Is there a list of your rules so I can read up on them. Hope to see you this friday.

Jimbo
Yep every Friday we race I think its much the same as Maritime and West Kent Rules but all the Mini guys will fill you in on it they Love the Minis here so get your selfs down here for a good race.
SENNA
SENNA
Admin

https://capelrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xx L Driver xx Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:53 am

The Mini`s are great, I personally brought a mini a few weeks ago and they are fun to drive. With the added popularity there are loads of drivers of varying skill, so what ever skill level you are youll allways have a great race. Very Happy

xx L Driver xx

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:57 pm

It will be great to see you all race with us at Capel. You can run Brushed or Brushless.
Some run straight out of the box cars and do quite well really and some run the full monty with all the blue bling. We have a small stock of sweep tires if it helps.
The hall is not the biggest but it seems just right for the Minis.
Everyone will be more than happy to help, all you have to do is ask.
Hope to see you soon.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimbo Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 am

Did not make it late home from work then heard that the M20 was closed. As it was nearly 18:20 and needed an hour to get there, I decided not to make the journey. I hope all went well in the first round.

All was not lost. Spent the evening completing the mini for my daughter.

Today my son bought an M05 so now we have three in the family!

Jimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Lol cool yep it was closed most the night

grimidol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: