Capel Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 19 oct 26th

5 posters

Go down

Round 19 oct 26th Empty Round 19 oct 26th

Post  crazybrit123 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:30 am

WOW......WOW......WOW......
25 mins and 5 touring cars and that's with 3 regular racers missing.
It wasn't long ago that we were asking can we get, 20, then 25 and now will we, could we, possibly get 30 Minis racing.
Mark might say I hope not. With 6 heats last night (have we ever had 6 heats?) he did a great job getting 4 rounds and a Final for all. Ok it was later than usall but only by 20-30 mins.
Well done Mark.
Some new and young faces which was great to see.
Well done new-bee (to minis anyway) John Peters taking the win in the B Final and his Son Matthew for his win in the D.
As for Touring it looks like Iain T4 Bone has found his "Mo Jo", running his new Xray.
Was it Ossie's mechanics that have kept him in the race for F1 3rd ?
Could Tim who needs a score from the final round take it away from both of them?
It's still worth turning up and racing chaps, so see you all for the last round.
Just goes to prove that Capel...."IS".... the place to race your Mini.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Round 19 oct 26th Empty RE: round 19, 26th Oct

Post  xrayt2009 Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Fantastic nights racing with 25 minis, and yes we could cope with 30 minis.
A big thanks to everyone for being ready to race last night but to run 6 heats it had to be that tight between heats. Only 30 mins later finishing was excellent.
I would like to say a big thanks to everyone who helped in putting out the track and especially those that helped clearing away it really does make a big difference, thanks to Shaun who every week stacks all the rope away, the worst job of clearing up.

Next week is the last week of the Summer championship so be great to see big numbers again.
For the rest of the year we will be running practice rounds and some fun events before Xmas which hopefully will include a "team event".
We intend to run 3, 14 round championships starting in early January, you will need to be a paid up member of the club to receive points, and trophies when awarded.
We will be much stricter next year with what you can run in each class of minis, wheel/tyre size,motors for classes etc, at present there are some different things being run.
I would like to make a few changes to the minis next year with possibly a new class F3 for our younger drivers.

I will be putting together a questionare to try and gauge opinions, (Andy can you put some rules together for the diff mini classes for me)
Please put any thoughts you have going forward on here, we have never needed a committee at the club but with the numbers we are now seeing there are a lot of opinions,ideas, be great to here them.
Have a great week and see you all friday.
Mark Very Happy

xrayt2009

Back to top Go down

Round 19 oct 26th Empty Re: Round 19 oct 26th

Post  crazybrit123 Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:02 pm

I will talk to my mechanic and put something together.
As you have said, this is a forum and is the place racers can put their feelings of how things,
Are,
Should be,
Want the club to be,
Move towards,
In an open way.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 am

crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Post  Airfixer Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:20 am

Sounds like I missed a great evening - couldn't drive back from Carmarthen to race tho lol. Roll on next Friday tho!

Airfixer

Back to top Go down

Round 19 oct 26th Empty D Final Vid

Post  SENNA Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Just watched the D Final Vid I forgot about the Camera falling on the floor it did make me laugh.
SENNA
SENNA
Admin

https://capelrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SENNA Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:48 pm

[quote="crazybrit123"]WOW......WOW......WOW......
25 mins and 5 touring cars and that's with 3 regular racers missing.
It wasn't long ago that we were asking can we get, 20, then 25 and now will we, could we, possibly get 30 Minis racing.
Mark might say I hope not. With 6 heats last night (have we ever had 6 heats?) he did a great job getting 4 rounds and a Final for all. Ok it was later than usall but only by 20-30 mins.
Well done Mark.
Some new and young faces which was great to see.
Well done new-bee (to minis anyway) John Peters taking the win in the B Final and his Son Matthew for his win in the D.
As for Touring it looks like Iain T4 Bone has found his "Mo Jo", running his new Xray.
Was it Ossie's mechanics that have kept him in the race for F1 3rd ?
Could Tim who needs a score from the final round take it away from both of them?
It's still worth turning up and racing chaps, so see you all for the last round.

b]No I did say to Mark that I wont take the points so I will miss the last round of Minis
Let Oz and Olly sort it out for 3rd
And hope to do the Next Championship from the start next time. [/b]
SENNA
SENNA
Admin

https://capelrc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smorgee Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 pm

thanks mark just doing me bit Very Happy

smorgee

Back to top Go down