Capel Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motors for f2 champs

4 posters

Go down

Motors for f2 champs Empty Motors for f2 champs

Post  crazybrit123 Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi All,
I have been thinking about this one for some time now. Shocked
As with the Brushless system we use a set combo. If you wish to race in that championship you race with that combo or the brushed equivalent.
So I would like to see the F2 guys come up with a set motor (let's say the Tamiya 53689 540-J Motor (Johnson)). It's just one of many that could be used I'm sure.
It would be best that you guys racing police this and get the right motor for all.
The price and availability should be a factor in this too.
This would/should really only effect the top F2 racers.
It could even mean we introduce an F3 championship which would mean, only newer members or not so good a racer would/could count in this championship, I don't know.......
Then let's say if you won the F3 championship you win a motor to compete in the F2 champs.......it's just a thought.
All I want is for the club to be a happy place for people to come and drive their toy cars, race if they want to and we try to keep the cost of that racing down.
I don't want to see us checking cars (scrutineering) after the races to see if they are within the rules. No one wants to do this or has time to do it. Not having to do this is what keeps the club friendly and allows us to get more rounds/racing in, I think anyway.
It must be we all have a duty (kinda) to keep it fair. Very Happy
We do need rules, but not to many has to put off racers.
Your input as usual is want it would love to hear.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Motors for f2 champs Empty Re: Motors for f2 champs

Post  Adam lynch Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 pm

personally think introducing a f3 championship would be a really good idea as people of a starting/lower level could have a championship of there own bringing them in with the high or more experianced driver doesnt give them much of a chance in championship wise but means that its also taking the longer to improve due to moving out of the way for the much faster driver but all in all i is a good idea.

Adam lynch

Back to top Go down

Post  Feck Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Didnt know there was a problem with the motors in F2

Jason

Feck

Back to top Go down

Post  Airfixer Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 am

I think having a set motor for F2 (ie J-motor) is a good idea as there are a lot of generic, mabuchi style 540 "silver cans" available with a varying power output. Having a rule such as this would remove doubt and is easily policed, as J-motors have "Johnson" stamped on them.
Having said that, its just a game Smile

Airfixer

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 am

The reason I said the Tamiya Jonson, was I saw one the other day and it was quite clear you would have difficulty taking the end plate off (totally illegal, but whatever floats your boat. I'm sure some will try) and a good price, about £10-11.
Might be, the club byes these and you get them through the club.
For even more fairness we could mark them with a number and make a note of how many have been brought and by whom. Only so many motors can be brought in a year........!!!!!
I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there chaps.
I'm sure this would then lead to issues, what if it goes faulty......yarda....yarda...yarda......

Jason, there is always someone saying that motor or this motor is too fast so must be illegal (I think I have said that myself in Brushless at some point).
They forget that good drive out of a corner, carrying good speed and a good driver helps....so....
I just think this would/could (I hope) stop all the mermers.

I'm sure we will get this sorted and then we will move onto speedo's. oh god I've said that now.... affraid
Lets continue the talk tonight.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:19 am

OK,
So last night it was decided (by the racers) that we will be adopting the Tamiya J 540 (Jonhson) motor for the control motor for the F2 Championship.
It seems to be the motor most are using anyway.
This will start for the next Championship.
This will give the club time to get the motors in.
Yes, that's right the club will be buying the motors and will then mark them (some how).
You will then have to buy them though the club.
These motors will be the only ones you can use if you wish to compete in the Capel F2 Championship.
If you are a novice racer (and buy a new kit) you will be allowed to use the motor that comes with that kit.
If you buy a car second hand and are a novice racer, than to start with you will of course be allowed to race with motor that came with that car. But if it is deemed you are gaining an advantage over other racers you will be asked to change your motor to the club buy one.
This will be the same for anyone buying a second hand car and are a fair to good racer. If is deemed you are gaining an unfair advantage using the motor that came with the car (and it is not the club buy one) you will be asked to change to the club buy motor.

This is not being done to make us control freaks. It's being put in place to try and make the racing close are fair for all.
We (as a club) have made quite a few changes over the last 2 months. This is for the above reason and we all hope you agree with what we have done. It seems to have gone down well at the club last night.
As a club and racers we see new innovations turning up all the time. Keeps the racers and clubs on their toes. For that reason, from time to time the rules have to be look into and if they need to be changed, then, with discussion and if agreed, they will be changed. That must be the right of the club to keep racing fair and affordable.
The club does NOT want to go down the road of scrutineering cars. It will down to you the racers to police this yourself and bring it to the attention of the club if needed. (Sometimes a chat to the owner can clear things up, it might be just a mistake).
The club remains a friendly one.......lets keep it that way.

If you have any opinions on the above please feel free to vent your issues here or face to face
anytime.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum