Capel Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy mini

4 posters

Go down

Andy mini  Empty Andy mini

Post  lakes009 Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:36 am

Hello mate me Paul and dad have ordered mini today what engine and speedo is everyone going to be running also what tires and wheels do we need thanks Wayne

lakes009

Back to top Go down

Andy mini  Empty Re: Andy mini

Post  crazybrit123 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Well done both of you.
I hope this doesn't mean the tourer is not going to be used?
The tries are Sweep 25 front and Sweep 33 rears (good luck getting them, there like rocking horse shit).
The speedo is the Tamiya one I think but I have an MRT one.
I'm not the one to be talking to about Mini's really. You need the Mini expert, Darren.
I'm sure he will reply soon on here.
Cheers Andy.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Sorry chaps forgot about the motors.
I have both a Much More 20 turn black can and an Annsmann 21 turn. Both are what I think should be available for us to use.
Ian has sent me some rules which I think we should adopt at Capel to keep control of the Mini's.

Tamiya Minis
• Any Tamiya two wheel drive mini
• Any commercially available sealed can motor with no less than 20T (Brushless motors not permitted)
• Any Speed controller
• No locked diffs) Gear or Ball differentials permitted (but no modifications to hard ware)
• Any Tamiya hop up (excluding speed tuned gear set)
• Any Mini tyre on 42mm rim (no double insert or foam tyres)
• 5mm ground clearance
• Any commercially available 6 cell NiCad or NiMH or any commercially available 2s LiPo (Lipo must be in hard casing)
• Max voltage rating to be 7.2v (NiCad or NiMH) and 7.4v for LiPo
• Lexan Body shells only (No GT1 style bodies which can raise the rear wheels of the car in front)
• Wings should be in keeping with the scale form of the car

I hope you agree,
Thanks Ian for your help in this.
Cheers Andy.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Andy mini  Empty Mini reply

Post  lakes009 Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Cool thanks andy and Ian we now no what to get still going to do the tourers just fancied trying the mini after watching you and Darren how is it going to work doing mini at capel as I said I still want to do tourers just be a bit tight fitting it all in in one evening will they do the same as the tourers 3 heats and a final or just a one of race.

lakes009

Back to top Go down

Post  enb1 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:44 am

We've got to still do the touring cars and then the mini's as a bit of fun.

As Andy has said Sweep tires are hard to get hold of in the uk but you get them from Japan using ebay shop Dinball

Sweep (#SWP-MN25) 1:10 Mini Pre-Mount tire set (25deg)

Sweep (#SWP-MN33) 1:10 Mini Pre-Mount tire set (33deg)

Works out about £28 including posting for two sets but will take about 10/14 days to arrive.

Andy not to sure about 25's on the front and 33's on the rear surely you would have the harder tyre on the front and softer tyre on the rear just like the shock spring.

enb1

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:25 am

Hi guys
Sorry just got in form work and saw the post. I ram my mini this week so i could get away early but still race, it was alot better then last time. If we run mini like they said people still going to do TC as well but i can not make finals most weeks so was not worried about doing TC.
Ian is the real expert on mini he raced them for a long time before.
I have 33 up front 25 on the rear. alot are using 25 all round but they can be hard to handle if not set up right. Also get some thick grease if you dont have a ball diff ( not blue tac allowed Shocked ).
I went to cleveland models for tires he told me they are coming being set out to the shops wenesday this week. ......
5 mm ride height
drop i set at 6m ( as best you can set it)
pink/ red springs on front yellow rear
hard rold bar front soft rear
standard tamiya esc fixed everything worked ok but going to try my fusion sxceed in bruhed mode
I will try to order some tires form where Ian said that is a very good price.
Hope that helps
Darren

grimidol

Back to top Go down

Post  crazybrit123 Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:03 am

Yep sorry about that one must of been the Beer.
Ian is right 33 Front and 25 Rear.
crazybrit123
crazybrit123

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Also you need the tamiya shap battery i copied Andy and cut it out to take my TC one but that is a pain to do.

grimidol

Back to top Go down

Post  enb1 Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:27 am

grimidol wrote:
Ian is the real expert on mini he raced them for a long time before.
I have 33 up front 25 on the rear. alot are using 25 all round but they can be hard to handle if not set up right. Also get some thick grease if you dont have a ball diff ( not blue tac allowed Shocked ).
I went to cleveland models for tires he told me they are coming being set out to the shops wenesday this week. ......
5 mm ride height
drop i set at 6m ( as best you can set it)
pink/ red springs on front yellow rear
hard rold bar front soft rear
standard tamiya esc fixed everything worked ok but going to try my fusion sxceed in bruhed mode
I will try to order some tires form where Ian said that is a very good price.
Hope that helps
Darren

Thanks Darren but a lot has changed since then when i raced minis it was a m01 and all you did was fit a set of bearings and a set of super slicks tyres and raced it 540 motor 3 step speedo. Now you need ball diffs, coloured springs, anti roll bars, counter balance weights.

I now think you are the man for set ups and knowledge listening to you pointing racers in the right direction of what they need to do at the last West Kent meeting.

grimidol wrote:Also you need the tamiya shap battery i copied Andy and cut it out to take my TC one but that is a pain to do.

Better known as a Bodge.

enb1

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:24 am

It is a bodge that saves a few pound lol ordered new parts for when i need them or get batterys to fit .... lol
Thanks Ian yer the guys i just like to help if i can Very Happy but it is a learning curve for us all Very Happy

grimidol

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 am

I went to maritime last night as it was the same track as 2 weeks ago to get a comparison with the diff and roll bars on mini. The last 2 rounds i had problems with body shell, my shocks was coming undone and the body shell then rubbing on the ground but i got 1 ok run in the second race.
I found that the car had better drive with a ball diff altho can track a little left to right. All in all i did over 1 lap more and dropped .8 to 1 second of the fasted lap if not for the problems might had been better.
Just some feed back on the changes i made to help you when you get yours. See you friday.

grimidol

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:06 am

ALso a update on sweep tires .....
they are not yet in the UK but hope to have them this week altho they have had no conformation on shipping . So as Ian said might be better to order of ebay. Going to find out more on othe tires .

grimidol

Back to top Go down

Post  grimidol Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

i used sweep 25 front and rear worked ok at west kent. If there is no capel friday due to floor then i will run up to sidcup to try it there see how it goes.

grimidol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down